Our Los Angeles Hotel Near Dodger Stadium
For over 50 years Dodger Stadium has been an icon of the downtown scene of Los Angeles as a home to the Los Angeles Dodgers. With scenic views from every seat in the ballpark, this stadium is as much of a work of art as it is a sports venue. Since its opening in 1962, Dodger Stadium has seen many of baseball's greatest players and moments. With eight World Series and one Olympic Tournament, the DoubleTree Los Angeles Downtown is proud to be only a ten-minute drive to this landmark of L.A.'s culture and heritage.
Dodgers Stadium Facts
- Dodgers Stadium has been making a name for itself since 1962, it's the third oldest ballpark in Major League Baseball, rivaled only by Fenway Park and Wrigley Field. It also hosts the largest seat capacity of any MLB stadium, with enough space for 56,000 guests!
- The field has been home to the 1980 MLB All-Star Game, as well as eight World Series, the 2009 World Baseball Classic, and exhibition baseball during the 1984 Summer Olympics.
- Dodgers Stadium is sometimes called a "pitcher's ballpark" because it has seen 12 no-hitters, and two perfect games!
- While the Los Angeles Dodgers call this stadium home, it's also hosted the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. During the Angels' tenure, they referred to the ballpark as "Chavez Ravine Stadium" after the neighborhood that formerly used the land.
- Fans from all over the world are welcome to take part in a walking tour of Dodger's Stadium, that allows guests to visit the private and VIP areas of the park, while showing the interesting and unique history of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Upcoming Home Baseball Games
- Monday, March 20 - Friday, March 31: Spring Training
- Saturday, April 1 vs. Angels (spring training)
- Monday, April 3 vs. Padres - Opening Day
- Tuesday, April 4 - Thursday, April 6 vs. Padres
- Friday, April 14 - Monday, April 17 vs. Diamondbacks
- Tuesday, April 18 - Wednesday, April 19 vs. Rockies
- Tuesday, April 28 - Sunday, April 30 vs. Phillies
- Monday, May 1 - Wednesday, May 3 vs. Giants
- Monday, May 8 - Wednesday, May 10 vs. Pirates
- Monday, May 18 - Sunday, May 21: Marlins
- Tuesday, May 23 - Tuesday, May 25 vs. Cardinals
- Friday, May 26 - Sunday, May 28 vs. Cubs
- Monday, June 5 - Wednesday, June 7 vs. Nationals
- Friday, June 9 - Sunday, June 11 vs. Reds
- Monday, June 19 - Thursday, June 22 vs. Mets
- Friday, June 23 - Sunday, June 25 vs. Rockies
- Monday, June 26 - Tuesday, June 27 vs. Angels
Why Stay at Our DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Downtown
- Relax in our spacious and modern guest rooms and suites
- Dine at our on-site gastropub JUSTICE Urban Tavern, soak up that California sunshine on their outdoor patio, and catch Dodgers games
- Walk to Union Station to be picked up for free (with your baseball ticket) on the Dodger Stadium Express
- Escape the city’s hustle and bustle on our breathtaking rooftop Kyoto Gardens
- Enjoy our All-Inclusive Package for complimentary American Breakfast buffet, free high-speed WiFi, and complimentary valet parking
Directions from Our Hotel
Distance: 2.1 miles | Approximate Time: 10 minutes
- Head Southwest on S. Los Angeles St, and immediately turn right onto E. 2nd St. heading West
- Continue down W. 2nd St. and turn right onto Figueroa St
- Turn left onto Sunset Blvd
- Turn right onto Elysian Park Ave, heading towards the Sunset Gate
Getting to Dodger's Stadium can be a breeze if you know how to get there. Guests are welcome to inquire about our Hertz Rental Car Service, or any of the other easy transportation options that allow you to get around downtown L.A..
Insider Tip: Hop on the Dodger Stadium Express for a free ride (for ticket holders) to the stadium from either Union Station or the South Bay.