LA Fashion District: A Day in the Life
Our DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Downtown hotel is located just a mile north of the LA Fashion District, one of the hottest shopping areas in Los Angeles and a discount goldmine for bargain shoppers. Discover the latest fashion trends in Santee Alley, explore the largest collection of textiles in the LA Fabric District, or create a beautiful arrangement of flowers at the LA Flower District. We understand that the LA Fashion District can be a bit overwhelming with all of the unique shops and restaurants so we have created our insider's guide to help you sort through these hidden gems!
5 Things to Know Before You Go
- Open seven days a week 9:00AM - 5:00PM, but each store may vary.
- Bring cash or stop at one of the ATMs onsite before you shop.
- Most wholesale businesses are open only Monday through Friday.
- Saturday is the most hopping day of the week at the district.
- Plan your day out with this handy map of all of the different sections in the district.
Shop 'Til You Drop
Cooper Design Space
A visit to the district is not complete until you step into the Copper Design Space. This 11 story building is a fashionista's dream with over 50 boutiques, showrooms, and offices. A few stores include: 7 For All ManKind, Alice and Olivia, CP Shades, Junk Food, and more. Open Monday through Friday from 7:00AM to 9:00PM, Saturday from 7:00AM to 7:30PM, and Sunday 10:00AM to 6:00PM.
- Quick Tip: Check out their blog to discover details about their current sample sales and other upcoming events.
- Phone: 213-627-3754
Ladies, the search for your Pinterest wedding dress can end when you check out Katie May. This trendy boutique offers contemporary gowns and veils. You'll also be able to find chic apparel online.
- Quick Tip: Make sure you book an appointment before you head on over.
- Phone: 213-892-1478
Al Weiss Men's Clothing
Fellas, looking for a new suit or business casual attire? Ale Weiss Men's Clothing is best known for their incredibly friendly staff and great selection of style. Their team will help you find the perfect suit and have you in and out the door in no time. Open Monday through Friday from 9:30AM to 5:00PM, Saturday 9:00AM to 5:00PM, and Sunday 10:00 AM to 4:00PM.
- Quick Tip: Ask for Roman when you walk in. He's well-known for his ability to correctly guess your size.
- Phone: 213-748-2022
Bohemian Crystal, also referred to as the Bead Factory, is a prime shop in the district for jewelry and crafts. You'll be able to find a wide selection of beads, Swarovski crystal, and more to create an eloquent design. This upbeat store is open Monday through Friday 9:00AM to 4:00PM and Saturday 8:00AM to 1:00PM.
- Quick Tip: There a lot of hidden treasures throughout the store so be sure to grab one of the awesome team members to help guide you.
- Phone: 213-627-9553
A Fairy Tale Collection
A Fairy Tale Collection is a cute boutique that wants to help bring your little one's dreams come true through clothing. Find adorable costumes like princess dresses to formal wear. Stop by Monday through Sunday from 9:00AM to 6:00PM.
- Quick Tip: Don't have time to run into the store? Their collection is also online.
- Phone: 213-747-4407
Top 5 Dining Must Trys
The Alley Dog
Before you kick off your shopping adventure, check out the The Alley Dog, located at the front entrance of Santee Alley. Indulge in their famous bacon wrapped hot dog or enjoy their variety of cuisine like a chicken burger or burrito. Serving breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 5:00PM and on the weekends from 8:00AM to 6:00PM.
- Quick Tip: Try their bacon wrapped hot dog with ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you. Also, note that there is limited seating available.
- Phone: 213-748-3141
Poppy + Rose
Experience classic American cooking at Poppy + Rose. This LA delight is known for their country atmosphere and friendly staff. Poppy + Rose is located within the LA Flower District and is open for both breakfast and lunch Monday through Saturday from 6:00AM to 3:00PM.
- Quick Tip: Stop by in the morning for their flavorful market scramble, which includes mushrooms, bacon, caramelized onions, and Gouda, or enjoy their juicy fried chicken sandwich for lunch.
- Phone: 213-995-7799
Known for having the best Kosher Persian cuisine in town, Cohen Restaurant offers a variety of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean dishes. Start your meal with a falafel and enjoy a range of main dishes like their boneless chicken kabob. Open for lunch Monday through Friday from 11:30AM to 4:30PM.
- Quick Tip: Take our town car over to this local hot spot to avoid the troubles of finding parking.
- Phone: 213-742-8888
With their welcoming atmosphere and open kitchen, you'll feel right at home when you dine at the WoodSpoon. This Brazilian restaurant offers shrimp salads to Brazilian sausage plates. Serving lunch and dinner Tuesday through Friday from 11:00AM to 2:45PM and 5:00PM to 10:00PM and Saturday from 12:00PM to 3:00PM and 6:00PM to 11:00PM.
- Quick Tip: Treat yourself to one of their daily homemade desserts after you devour their mouthwatering chicken pot pie.
- Phone: 213-629-1765
Craving Chinese food? Then you should definitely check out New Moon. This contemporary restaurant is perfect for casual hangouts to date nights. New Moon offers traditional Asian cuisine with a spicy twist. Open Monday through Wednesday from 11:00AM to 5:00PM, Friday 11:00AM to 9:00PM, and Saturday 11:00PM to 3:00PM and 5:00PM to 9:00PM.
- Quick Tip: Their Chinese chicken salad is a crowd pleaser, also referred to as the New Moon chicken salad.
- Phone: 213-624-0186
Whether you're in the mood for a French dip sandwich or a refreshing beverage, Cole's is the perfect hangout location. Choose a pastrami dip sandwich, turkey salad sandwich, or grilled cheese and pair it with a classic side like the spicy garlic fries and you won't regret it. Cole's is also notorious for their delicious Old Fashioned cocktail. Serving lunch and dinner Sunday through Wednesday from 11:00AM to 10:00PM, Thursday from 11:00AM to 12:00AM, and Friday to Saturday from 11:00AM to 1:00AM.
- Quick Tip: Hanging out in the Fashion District after hours? Check out their happy hour specials Monday through Friday from 3:00PM to 8:00PM with Tuesday's deals going on all day long.
- Phone: 213-622-4090
Stay Near LA's Fashion Mecca
Our hotel is located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles! Explore a wide variety of amenities designed to enhance your visit to sunny California.
- We offer complimentary courtesy transportation (subject to availability) and have an on-site Hertz for you to rent a car to take to the LA Fashion District and other local hotspots like LA Live.
- Enjoy a wonderful meal or quick bite-to-eat at one of our on-site dining options. Sit down for breakfast, lunch, or dinner at JUSTICE urban tavern or swing by the Rendezvous Lounge for a smooth cocktail.
- Take a relaxing moment from all of the excitement that Los Angeles offers on our rooftop Kyoto Gardens or in our 24-hour fitness center.